Accessibility Statement for Reydon Parish Council.
This website is run by Reydon Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
For example, that means you should be able to:
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- we cannot guarantee the full accessibility of our PDF documents or Word documents to screen reader software
- tables are sometimes used to layout text rather than just hold data eg. Parish Councillor list, Services list, Businesses list, Sport and Exercise list, accommodation list, archive of Parish Council meetings and agendas
- descriptive text for a link is sometimes identical to the link text
- headings are not always in order
- adjacent links on the website banner go to the same place ie. the Homepage.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website.
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, email the Parish Clerk at email@example.com.We will consider your request and get back to you in 31 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website.
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org and they can help you out with this query.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility.
Reydon Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 AA standard.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations.
All discovered errors have been fixed but some issues that cause alerts persist. See paragraph above titled 'How accessible this website is'.
We judge that employing someone to amend the website such that it would become fully compliant rather than partially complaint would be a disproportionate burden, given that the precept for Reydon Parish Council is only £29,000 per annum.
How we tested this website.
This website was last tested on 1 October 2020. The test was carried out by Sally Skinner. The test was performed using the Wave Accessibility software using the Chrome plugin version 3.1.
We tested our website platform, available at http://reydon.onesuffolk.net
What we are doing to improve accessibility.
We are constantly looking at our website accessibility alongside our website providers (OneSuffolk) and where we can improve on it we will. We follow a specific set of guidelines to ensure all our content meets the WCAG 2.1 Standard.
This statement was prepared on 1 October 2020.
It was last updated on 23 October 2020. Under the section titled 'How accessible this website is', the description of the contrast error on the News page was removed as this problem is now fixed.